|ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
|The Bistro South River (property name) in Edgewater (location) is committed to reducing its impact on the
|We have joined the Maryland Green Travel program and are committed to meeting its core requirements. In addition, we will strive to improve our environmental performance over time and to initiate
additional projects and activities that will further reduce our impact on the environment.|
|Our commitment to the environment extends to our customers, our staff, and the community in which we operate. We are committed to: |
- Comply with all applicable environmental regulations
- Prevent pollution whenever possible.
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and participate.
- Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to our customers, staff, and our community.
- Continuously improve over time by striving to measure our environmental data (waste, energy, and water) and setting goals to reduce those totals each year
- Ongoing review and assessment of our environmental program with annual reporting of progress to management and the Maryland Green Travel program.
|It is management's responsibility to ensure that this policy is available and accessible to all employees and that the environmental program meets the terms of this policy.|
|Our organization's commitment to the environment, combined with similar commitments from the entire Maryland tourism industry will make a significantly positive impact on the environment.|
|I, on behalf of my organization, can attest to and verify the above statements as they pertain to my organization.|